Saturday 30 August 2008

Chocolate Brownies!


On Friday on my way home from work, I usually stop at Asda and pick up a few goodies for a weekend treat! It normally consists of something for dinner, maybe pizza, a bottle of wine and something chocolatey! Although Paul requested Aero balls, which I got, I had the urge to do a bit of baking! So I decided to make some brownies. They are really nice, although not as gooey as I would have liked - I think I did something wrong! But they are nice all the same. Here is the recipe, but I didnt use walnuts cos I hate them, and they soo ruin the lovely chocolate brownies!!


Ingredients
100 gms dark chocolate

110 gms butter

225 gms sugar

100 gms walnuts

2 large eggs, beaten

50g flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt


Method
1. Pre heat the oven to 180�C (Gas 4), Chop up the chocolate into small pieces and chop the walnuts.

2. Melt the chocolate and butter on a low heat.

3. Mix in the melted butter/chocolate and sugar into a large bowl.

4. Add beaten eggs to the mixture.

5. In a separate bowl mix the flour with the salt and baking powder, then add to the main mixture.

6. Stir well.

7. Place the mixture onto a baking tray (greased).

8. Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes making sure you do not over cook it. The outside should be crisp with the insides remaining sticky.

9. Leave for 5 mins to cool, use some icing sugar to dust then cut into squares.


Serves: 15 pieces

Preparation time: 20 mins

Cooking time: 30 mins

Ok so the picture I posted up here is not the real picture of my brownies but they did look pretty much like them!
I am trying to resist just eating the lot as they are sitting in a Quality Street tin in the cupboard, it is very hard to resist them! haha.

No comments: